Start Your Career in Real Estate Today!
Our virtual CT real estate pre-licensing ‘Principals & Practices‘ courses are held online via Zoom. The courses meet the mandatory requirement for CT real estate salespersons pre-licensing education as set forth by the Connecticut Real Estate Commission. Candidates must complete 60 hours of class time before they can take the course exam. A passing grade of 70% is required for real estate salespersons candidates.
To learn more about these programs, please contact us at 860-892-2595 or email email@example.com.
Three Terrific Options to Take the Course:
Saturday Open-Enrollment 12-Week Course
This class meets every Saturday on Zoom from 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
The course is broken up into 12 sessions that repeat (1 through 12) over and over. You can join an ANY Saturday and attend for 12 classes/sessions to cover all of the course material and complete the 60 hours of required class time.
Click Here for Registration Form
Monday/Wednesday Accelerated 5-Week Course
This class meets every Monday and Wednesday on Zoom from 9:00AM to 3:30PM.
Our Spring 2023 Accelerated Course starts on May 15th and runs through June 29th.
Click Here for Schedule and Registration Form
Tuesday/Thursday Evening 10-Week Course
This class meets every Tuesday and Thursday on Zoom from 5:30PM to 8:30PM.
Our Winter-Spring 2023 Evening Course is already in session and closed for new registrations.
Our Spring-Summer 2023 Evening Course will start in June and run through August. Exact dates will be posted soon.
Scholarship & Mentorship Programs:
The ECAR Young Professionals Network P&P Real Estate Course Scholarship will reimburse the winner for the cost of the Principles & Practices course.
The ECAR Realtor® Mentorship Program was established to provide financial, educational, and career support for aspiring under-represented real estate agents in Eastern Connecticut.
Click here for more information on the scholarship and mentorship program
Read what our students have to say about our program!
“What a pleasure it has been taking the course with ECAR. I’ve already recommended the course to several colleagues. Thank you.” – Alexander
Thank you Carrie so very much. Please tell Amy, Beth and Rhonda they all are amazing teachers. I really appreciate the energy and enthusiasm and knowledge they bring to class. Each with a different style, each really good. AMY is beyond good, off the charts as a teacher. GOOD, Plus, Plus.” – Erica
“I just wanted to let you know that I passed both parts of the state exam today. The instructors did a great job preparing me for test. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate them (and all of you).” – Tammy
“Just wanted to compliment your company and the instructors on developing a great program.
I was extremely grateful that we had two unbelievable instructors who not only taught the material, but gave real life experiences!” – Randy
“I really enjoyed the classes and learned so much. The instructors, Amy, Beth, and Rhonda were fantastic. Thank you.” – Christine
“The course was very good and I’m glad I took it, the instructors were awesome!” – Linna
“It really was a great experience. Your program is just so wonderful. ” – Nicholas
“[This course] has been the most interesting thing I’ve done!” – Andres
To Reserve Your Seat:
- Your application should be completed in ink, either legibly printed or typewritten.
- Please mail, email or fax your completed registration, payment (in full) and copy of your photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address or fax number listed on the registration form.
- Tuition is $499 and includes the cost of the textbooks. If paying by check/money order, this amount can be made payable to ECAR. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Payment in full must accompany the registration.
- Registration forms, payment in full and photo ID must be received a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the course commencing.
Because these are live-virtual pre-licensing classes on Zoom, there are specific rules that the CT Real Estate Commission requires us/you to follow in order to receive credit:
- Have your driver’s license available at the beginning of class so your identity can be verified.
- Please login to the class approximately 15 minutes early to ensure your audio/video work properly.
- Your camera and audio must work and your face must be visible to the instructor at all times.
- You must be present in the Zoom room for the entire session unless we are on a scheduled break.
- Be aware that this new format requires the CT RE Commission Regulators be invited so they can audit the class.
General Course Information
- While each program is intended to prepare individuals to take the Connecticut real estate salesperson’s exam, it is also an excellent choice for those who wish to gain more detailed knowledge about the home buying and home selling process.
- We are pleased to be able to offer these courses which includes the following subject matter: real estate law, brokerage, CT real estate license law & regulations, equal opportunity in housing real estate valuation, financing, specialized fields of real estate practice, development, land use regulations, taxation, market analysis, the real estate business and more.
- Registration forms and payment must be received a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the course commencing.
- The Association reserves the right to cancel the course is enrollment is not sufficient to cover costs. If a course is cancelled, every attempt will be made to contact the registrants.
- Refund guidelines for each program have been outlined below and in the course registration/policies form.
- Credit towards future classes will not be allowed.
- Certificates will be given to those who have completed the minimum of sixty (60) classroom hours and have passed the course exam with a minimum of 70% (75% for Broker applicants) after the course.
- It is the student’s responsibility to clarify any questions with the State of Connecticut relative to moral character, criminal record, etc. as required by State License Law.
- Those who previously completed P&P: Effective January 1, 2014, the only acceptable Principles & Practices of Real Estate course completion certificate for licensing application will be the 60-hour course. Therefore, any individual applying for a salesperson’s or broker’s license on or after 1/1/14, who previously took the 30-hour course, will need to complete a brand new P&P course consisting of 60 hours. questions regarding your current license should be directed to the CT Real Estate Commission: 860-713-6150.
- What if you have a prior criminal conviction(s)?
- Cancellations must come in writing. The textbooks are non-refundable.
- Cancellations received at least 72 hours in advance of the students scheduled first class are entitled to receive a refund of the course tuition, less the cost of the textbooks.
- Cancellations received prior to the students scheduled 3rd class (final cut-off date) are entitled to a 50% refund of the course tuition, less the cost of the textbooks.
- No refunds will be issued after the final cut-off date.