ECAR offers the required “Broker Principles & Practice” and “Legal Compliance” courses throughout the year!
Our next round of classes will be:
- Broker Real Estate Legal Compliance – October 20 & 21, 2022 (9am – 4pm) on Zoom – Click Here to Register
- Broker Principles & Practices – October 27 & 28, 2022 (9am – 4pm) on Zoom – Click Here to Register
Per the CT DCP website, individuals must meet the requirements shown below to obtain their brokers license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- 60-hour classroom course in Real Estate Principles and Practices.
- 15-hour classroom course in Real Estate Brokerage Principles and Practices.
- 15-hour classroom course in Legal Compliance.
- Two (2) 15-hour pre-license elective courses OR one (1) 30-hr pre-license Appraisal course
- Actively engaged as a licensed real estate salesperson under the supervision of a licensed real estate broker in this state for at least 1500 hours during the three years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Completed at least 4 real estate transactions in the previous 3 years. A transaction is defined as a legal transfer of real property or execution of lease agreement.
From the CT Real Estate Commission: Effective January 1, 2014, the only acceptable Principles & Practices of Real Estate course completion certificate for licensing application will be the 60-hour course. Therefore, any individual applying for a salesperson’s or broker’s license on or after 1/1/14, who previously took the 30-hour course, will need to complete a brand new P&P course consisting of 60 hours. questions regarding your current license should be directed to the CT Real Estate Commission: 860-713-6150.
Please note that the State of CT Department of Consumer Protection’s Real Estate Commission has licensing/continuing education authority, not ECAR. Any questions regarding pre-licensing, licensing or continuing education requirements should be directed to:
165 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106-1630
Main Phone: (860) 713-6150
Toll-Free: (800) 842-2649
TDD: (860) 713-7240
Fax: (860) 713-7239