CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: CLASSES, MEETINGS & EVENTS Updates
Due to COVID-19, the Association staff is working remotely until further notice. The safety of our members, community and staff remains of utmost importance as we navigate through this unprecedented health crisis. We will continue to operate under normal business hours which are Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5pm and Stefanie will be picking up calls to the Association (860-892-2595) between 8:30 – 12:00 pm. Otherwise, you can still get the same great service by either leaving staff a voicemail or sending us an email. Our leadership will continue to monitor the situation and keep you posted on any developments or changes.
Staff Contact Information
- Stefanie Bishop, Administrative Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathryn O’Leary, Communication & Education Coordinator: email@example.com
- Marisol Dumeng, Member Services Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susy Hurlbert, Chief Executive Officer: email@example.com
- Classes – All scheduled CE & pre-licensing classes will be taking place in a live-virtual setting via Zoom. Attendees must have working audio/video in order to participate and receive credit.
- Committee Meetings – All committee meetings have been moved into a live-virtual setting via zoom at the date/time they were already scheduled at. Committee chairs have been notified of this and emails will be sent out with login credentials for those meetings. Set up a free zoom account to get started.
- Events –
- Rescheduled – Awards Banquet & Farewell to Marylee has been rescheduled to Wednesday, June 10th and will take place via Zoom.
For new CTR COVID 19 advisory and addendum to purchase and sales contract go to: https://www.ctrealtors.com/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0ereQqoxH6VEjsJu3a3rJWIDJUqUXVpYYS8Cz7Iu7EjXzvjitlZscVs6U
We will continue to monitor and reevaluate, as needed, and we will work to ensure that members’ needs are met. Information about the virus is changing rapidly, and we recommend that you stay up to date by visiting the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) website. All of us should take proactive actions to help prevent the spread of illnesses, including coronavirus and the seasonal flu, including these precautions in your daily interactions:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) has also released “A Guide for REALTORS®” with useful information regarding how this may be impacting the real estate industry.
Finally, stay informed, and use your best judgment. The situation is rapidly changing. ECAR will continue to update our members as new information becomes available.