CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: CLASSES, MEETINGS & EVENTS Updates
With the growing concern across the U.S. related to the coronavirus, our leadership is keeping a close eye on developments that may affect our members and community. The safety of our members is a top priority, and currently, the Association office is now working virtually, M-F, 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Please call our office at 860-892-2595. Stefanie will be picking up calls between 8:30 – 12:00 pm, and after that you can be transferred to the staff member you’d like to speak to for more options.
- Classes – All classes through March 31 have been cancelled. Any monies remitted to take a class during that time will be refunded. Our members rely on our classes to further their professional development, as well as ensure timely renewal of their real estate license. You can complete your continuing education requirements from home or at your office by accessing one of our online vendors below. By registering for your classes directly through our unique URL’s – we will be able to see what you’ve taken, when you completed it and also update your member record.
- Committee Meetings – All committee meetings will be moved into a virtual setting via zoom at the date/time they were already scheduled at. Committee chairs have been notified of this and emails will be sent out with login credentials for those meetings. Set up a free zoom account to get started.
- Right Start will be moved into a virtual setting. Those currently enrolled will receive a separate email with the information.
- Prelicensing – stay tuned for details
- Events –
- Cancelled events –
- March 17 CE Class
- March 18 all CE Classes
- March 24th Broker Forum
- March 24th All CE Classes
- March 25th Commercial Presentation by CREXi
- Rescheduled events – March 25, Awards Banquet is rescheduled to Wednesday, June 10th
- Cancelled events –
For new CTR COVID 19 advisory and addendum to purchase and sales contract go to: https://www.ctrealtors.com/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0ereQqoxH6VEjsJu3a3rJWIDJUqUXVpYYS8Cz7Iu7EjXzvjitlZscVs6U
We will continue to monitor and reevaluate, as needed, and we will work to ensure that members’ needs are met. Information about the virus is changing rapidly, and we recommend that you stay up to date by visiting the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) website. All of us should take proactive actions to help prevent the spread of illnesses, including coronavirus and the seasonal flu, including these precautions in your daily interactions:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) has also released “A Guide for REALTORS®” with useful information regarding how this may be impacting the real estate industry.
Finally, stay informed, and use your best judgment. The situation is rapidly changing. ECAR will continue to update our members as new information becomes available.