1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, opinions, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data)
2. For members, we use this information to:
- Maintain our membership database and provide required information to the Connecticut Association of REALTORS® and the National REALTORS® Database System of the National Association of REALTORS®. Information that we are required to provide includes first and last name, home address, email address, member type, status, all office information, license, preferred mail address, preferred phone number, primary association, primary state association, and join date.
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our web site and other communications tools.
- Notify you of updates to our web site.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our web site and email communications.
3. ECAR does not share, sell or trade or otherwise provide personal information such as e-mail addresses, home addresses, or home phone numbers to others.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except when required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
5. Credit information that you provide when you make payments by credit card will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may notify us in writing if you do not wish to receive any electronic communications from the Association.
7. You may edit your personal contact information by contacting us.
8. Our web site contains links to third parties. We do not control the sites of third parties reached through links on our site or their information collection practices. The Eastern Connecticut Association of REALTORS® is and will not be responsible for the activities of these third parties.
9. The Association retains records relating to services that the Association provides to you so the Association is better able to assist you with your needs and to comply with requirements of law. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, the Association maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with State laws and regulations.