The Eastern Connecticut Association of REALTORS® has adopted the following policy regarding publishing the names of Code of Ethics violators. Boards and Associations may, as a matter of local discretion, adopt procedures authorizing the publication of the names of ethics violators, subject to the following qualifications:
- Publication shall be on the Members Only side of the ECAR website for thirty days after notification of the violator.
- Publication can only occur after a second violation occurs within three (3) years.
- Publication can only be made in an official communication vehicle of the Board (or Boards) in which the violator holds (held) membership.
- The name of the firm the violator is (or was) licensed with cannot be published.
- Publication must be consistent and uniform. This means that publication may not occur selectively but must be used in each instance where a second violation is determined within three (3) years.
- Other than the violator’s name, the only additional information that may be published is the Article (or Articles) violated, and the discipline imposed, except that in cases where the violator’s name is similar to another member’s name, the violator’s license number or office address (or both) may also be published.
- At least one of the violations must be based on conduct which occurs after the adoption of these procedures.