While the number of single family sales were up 5.54% over the previous year, the average price (-0.09%) and median sale price (-1.61% were flat. 4th quarter statistics were a little more encouraging, with the units up 11.1%, the average price up 0.56%, and the median price down 0.79%. Continuing foreclosures and short sales continue to be a drag on prices and will continue to be so for at least another year.
To view the data for all property types, go to ECAR’s Market statistics page at https://www.easternctrealtors.com/marketstatistics.html There you can view:
- 2014-2013 yearly comparisons of solds for all property types
- 4th Quarter 2014-2013 comparisons of solds for all property types
- New London and Windham County sold data for all property types
- New London County sold data by town for all property types
- Windham County sold data by town for all property types
2015 promises to be a year of improvement.