Sellers and buyers of homes in Eastern Connecticut need to be aware of a number of environmental issues since their presence affects the value and the livability of the property.
The Current Environmental Issues page on the ECAR web site has links to the following Environmental Issues:
– Environmental Hazards In The Home – a publication of the Connecticut Association of REALTORS® which includes chapters on Radon, Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Electric and Magnetic Fields, Urea Formaldehyde Foam Insulation (UFFI), Underground Storage Tanks (USTs), Pesticides in Pressure-Treated Wood, Carbon Monoxide, Mercury, and Household Hazardous Waste.
– Connecticut Environmental Conditions Online has maps and geospatial data for planning, management, education and research
– FEMA Flood Map Service Center where you can determine whether a property is in a flood zone
– Lead Booklets in English and Spanish from the Environmental Protection Agency
– Radon web page and publication from the Connecticut Department of Public Health
– Mold Publications by the Environmental Protection Agency
All of these links are available at https://www.easternctrealtors.com/current-environmental-issues.html. If you are selling or buying a home in Eastern Connecticut, check them out!