ECAR…Your Access to Success &
Your Real Estate License!
In order to sit for the salesperson’s license real estate exam, you must successfully complete a 60 hour Principles and Practices Course that meets the minimum requirements as set forth by the State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection Real Estate Commission. Our classes meet on Saturday’s from 9am – 2pm at our office. Please contact Kathryn O’Leary for more details.
General Course Information & Schedule
- While the course is intended to prepare individuals to take the Connecticut real estate salesperson’s exam, it is also an excellent choice for those who wish to gain more detailed knowledge about the home buying and home selling process.
- Registration and tuition payment must be received no later than the Thursday prior to the Saturday you wish to begin. Walk-Ins are not permitted!
- The cost for the 60 hour course is $490. The required text books, “Connecticut Real Estate: Practice and Law, 13th edition”, “Modern Real Estate Practice, 19th edition”, and “Guide to Passing the PSI, 7th edition” (valued at $59.00), and the course exam at the end of the class are included in the tuition.
- In the event you cancel your registration (prior to your first class), the textbooks are non-refundable.
- More detail about the course is provided on the registration form for the 60 hour course. The Registration Form is in Abode pdf format. To view PDF files, you MUST have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Course Exams will be held at the Eastern Connecticut Association of REALTORS® office at 106 Rte 32, North Franklin, CT on an availability basis during office hours (Monday – Friday). As long as the classroom is not being used, students are free to test. The exam times are: 9:30am – 12:30pm or 1pm – 4pm. The 60 hours of class time must be completed before you can take the course exam.
The current 2017 schedule is as follows:
*The class is currently full. Our next available start date is on or after 3/18/17*
Please contact Kathryn at the Association to discuss your registration.
March 4, 2017 (Session 4)
March 11, 2017 (Session 5)
March 18, 2017 (Session 6)
March 25, 2017 (Session 7)
April 1, 2017 (Session 8)
April 8, 2017 (Session 9)
April 15, 2017 (No Class)
April 22, 2017 (Session 10)
April 29, 2017 (Session 11)
May 6, 2017 (Session 12)
May 13, 2017 (Session 1)
May 20, 2017 (Session 2)
May 27, 2017 (Session 3)
*Please note – this schedule may change if there is inclement weather or other unforseen circumstances*
All classes are held at our Association Office
(106 Route 32, Suite 4, North Franklin, CT 06254)
We are pleased to be able to offer this course which includes the following subject matter:
- real estate law
- Connecticut real estate license law and regulations
- equal opportunity in housing real estate valuation
- specialized fields of real estate practice
- land use regulations
- market analysis
- the real estate business
Effective January 1, 2014, the only acceptable Principles & Practices of Real Estate course completion certificate for licensing application will be the 60-hour course. Therefore, any individual applying for a salesperson’s or broker’s license on or after 1/1/14, who previously took the 30-hour course, will need to complete a brand new P&P course consisting of 60 hours. Questions regarding your current license should be directed to the Connecticut Real Estate Commission: 860-713-6150.